Before you get a micropig you must ensure that you are ready and will need:
- Enough outside space for the pig to play in.you will need to ensure that this area is secure and safe for the pig.
- A vet that is experience and confident with pigs. And willing to take on a new customer.
- A nice sized pen and house for the pig to play and sleep in, and barley straw to bed him/her with.
- To ensure they have plenty of water at all times. You can fit a automatic drinker if you wish or a heavy pan will do the same job.
- A herd number which is optained from the department of agriculture you can download the application form from there website.